Modern Slavery & Human Trafficking Statement
Pieroth Limited, pursuant to the Modern Slavery Act 2015, is required to publish a statement about the steps we have taken and will continue to take to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place within our business or our supply chain.
Modern Slavery can take many forms including servitude, forced labour and human trafficking. These all have common element of depriving an individual of their liberty to exploit them for personal or commercial gain.Our Business
Pieroth is a leading UK based direct selling wine company. Our supply chain is sourced from the premium producers around the world, from a mix of developed and developing countries.Our PolicyPieroth Limited
: We have a zero tolerance approach to Slavery & Human Trafficking and have direct control over our commercial activities in the UK. We are happy to give a 100% assurance that every person directly employed within our business is done so legally. We only work with specified, reputable agencies to source labour and we run checks on new employees including eligibility to work in the UK to safeguard against human trafficking or any individual being forced to work against their will.Our Supply Chain
: We are reliant upon third party organisations in two key areas of our operations:
- Transportation of wines from source (normally outside the UK) to the UK, storage and onward delivery of these wines to our customer-base nationwide.
- Wine producing businesses across the world.
With these third party organisations, we have systems and protocols in place to identify and mitigate risk. These include:
- Ensuring that all new suppliers provide statements confirming that they abide by the Modern Slavery Act.
- Engaging with our higher volume logistics suppliers to convey our Anti-Slavery policy to gain assurance from them that they abide by our policy. This group of suppliers includes major service providers: London City Bond (contracted to warehouse our products), Yodel (contracted to deliver our product) and Hillebrand (responsible for the majority of our shipments to the UK).
- Protecting any whistleblowers internal or external to our company.
We believe this policy is appropriate to our business.